On 28 Feb 2005 at 9:45, Allen Fisher wrote:

> Simple entry got an overhaul in 2k4. I've cut my note entry time by
> about 40% because you don't have to pick up the mouse and you can
> enter a bunch of other things besides notes (clef, key, time, artics,
> expressions...)

Well, I enter notes (Speedy with MIDI keyboard) in one pass and the
other things in a second pass.

I *prefer* it that way, because it gives me a chance to think about
things that are important to me in making my editions, such as
inconsistencies in articulations/dynamics between parts. In my
edition, I'll have to decide whether I'll keep the discrepancies or
edit them out. If I were doing note entry and everything else all at
once, I'd be dividing my attention between too many different
subjects.