At 06:18 27.02.2005, you wrote:
With regard to simple entry, does anyone else other than me prefer to use
voices instead of layers to indicate secondary/contrapuntal musical
elements?

I must confess I have not used voices for maybe fifteen years or so;-) I found it so un-intuitiv(?) - I prefer layers. If I have pieces like piano music where suddenly one voice will split into two, I use layers and hidden rests. I have full control and it works logically and intuitively.

But I guess there are many things in Finale that can be done differently - from entering notes (not just with different tools, also in different ways) until formatting and printout. There are also people who like lyrics mass edit, which I cannot understand since I like typing into score much better.

As you like it...

Kurt