On Feb 28, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Matthew Hindson Fastmail Account wrote:

In case it's of use to anyone, I came across another Finale feature that I didn't know existed. If you hold down shift while activating Copy or Cut (maybe Paste as well?), a filter dialog comes up whereby you can select which note-attached or measure-attached elements you want to work with, i.e. for this edit. This can be quite handy I think as it will save having to go up to the Mass Edit menu. (Finale 2004)

Matthew

Dear Matthew et al,

This has become an essential piece of information since the copyable staff lists in 2005 (whose workings I have yet to fathom). If you do not use this Shift/C command, you end up with extraneous score expressions all over the place, and they come form anywhere in the score, even if you copy from one extracted part to another. Let me make that clear: you have a score expression in part "A"; you copy from part "B" into part "C", and score expressions from part "A" appear gratuitously in part "C" (along with extra copies of all the score expressions in part "B"). I can't figure out why that happens, but you can avoid it by using the Shift/C dialog and selecting only what you want to copy. The only shortcoming I find to using this method is that there is no way to copy measure attached smart shapes along with the entries, so you loose hairpins when copying from part to part - something of an irritation, in my book.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836