With this approach I really don't see your problem: If all you want is to be sure that Finale will always run on your existing machinery, then you have that already. When you authorize Finale you get send an authorization code. This code will work should you ever need to reauthorize your copy _on the same computer_. On the Mac it is glued to the Ethernet address. Unless you change your Ethernet card the authorization code will remain the same, even if you change the HD or any other component. I am not sure what it is glued to on the PC side, but you can probably find that out from MM.

So even if MM ceases to exist you can reenter your code as long as you are running on the same machine.

Johannes