Chuck Israels / 05.3.26 / 11:13 PM wrote:

>1920X1200 is the native resolution, so I think I'll be OK with the 9200
>card.  It seems to be listed at just under $100 - a fair enough price
>to be able to rotate the monitor (seems to me).  I think the local Mac
>dealer will know, in any case, and if I buy it from those guys, they'll
>take it back if it doesn't do the job.

Chuck,
What is your audio interface?  If it is FW, I suggest you do an audio I/O
stress test.  The current PCI-X G5 has a hardware bug on AMD PCI Tunnel
Chipset.  AMD has no plan to fix it, and Apple has no control over it.

The possible outcome is that a few audio packets might be dropped when
both FW and PCI throughput gets heavy.  This is highly reproducible when
you have audio I/O on both FW and PCI (I have MIOs on FW and PCI-424 on
PCI), but the general consensus is that one might want to be careful when
adding PCI to PCI-X G5.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>