Thanks Karen.  I'll check that out as well.

***************************

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios
West Linn OR
www.thomastudios.com

***************************

On Jun 12, 2005, at 5:09 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi J.D.,

There is another nice word processor program called Mariner Write that a lot of people seem to like. It works in Tiger too and you can download it and try it first. It will read Word documents and save to RTF-Word files. It runs about $50.00-60.00 depending on whether you buy a boxed copy or download it.

But you can download it and run it in demo mode first to try it out.

See what you think...

<http://www.marinersoftware.com/sitepage.php?page=12>

Best,
Karen

Once again I'd like to tap the collective wisdom here on the board.

What is everyone's recommended choice for word processing under OS X. I would like to rid myself of Microsh*t Word 2004, which steadfastly refuses to create a printer on my system. All the other Office components will print, but not this POS Word, the one I need to print the most.

I tried NeoOffice but it's way to much like Windoze for my tastes. Another one, Mellel is crap. Seems my choices are quite limited and TextEdit doesn't do enough for my needs.

TIA

J.D. Thomas
ThomaStudios

J.D. Thomas