Christopher Smith wrote:

 and I would put a bracketed 3 tuplet over
> the first group, and the same over the second group (even though there
> are only TWO notes in it) for clarity.

while i certainly agree with your post i think that tuplets are redundant
here, as the /12 is meaning that already.
i've used some fractionary time signatures like 2/3-over-quarter with an
incomplete bracketed 3-tuplet, which is the same as 2/12. it worked really
well. it took less than a minute to the performers to sort it out. it should
be mentiones that those fractionary time signatures where in a context of
pulse, all instruments playing staccato quarter notes. i've never tried with
/12, though.

marcelo