Tyler Turner schrieb:

I stated that when you consider the size of the
professional engraver market, MakeMusic devotes a
disproportionate number of features directly to that
market. These are features that benefit this group and
few other people. I also stated that when MakeMusic
has ideas on the table that can benefit everyone,
including the engravers, it's easier for them to
justify. Is it so damn hard to believe that this would
be true? And is it so shallow to ask that you try to
think of ways to benefit yourself as well as the bulk
of other Finale users? I in no way suggested that you
should ask for features that would help you LESS, but
I did suggest you ask for features that would ALSO
help other people MORE. I can't understand how it
shouldn't be blindingly obvious that features that
appeal to both you and everyone else are preferable to
the company to features which just benefit you or just
benefit everyone else.

No sorry, I am selfish. I want features that help me and I don't give a damn how many others will benefit from them. The truth is that those features I am interested in will probably mostly benefit the pro engraver, or at least those who primarily engrave, and not playback.

Now, it does seem to me that in this field Sibelius is not only catching up but actually passing Finale. If this happens I am out of here quickly. I don'care in the least whether a mass market of amateur composers who want a toy to play (with) their compositions are still attracted to Finale or not.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de