I've had this and other more or less similar problems with my cherished Finale, like not getting any response or coming to a complete halt when there is an 8a or loco indication, and after trying to talk Finale, speaking softly to it's ear, into doing what it is supposed to do or what I need it to do I recur to a workaround I have successfully used with graphic design softwares like Quark Express which is to a) save the document with a completely different name, and if that doesn't work b) quit Finale, open it again, create a new fresh blank document with the same characteristics as the one which is giving me trouble and mass copy everything from it onto the new document, and up until now it works all the time. This is time consuming, I know, but it's a solution.

godofredo

Rich Caldwell wrote:

I had this problem when HP was introduced, and reported it, but it remains an issue in 2005 (Mac). I have found no consistent way to get it to play. I think it's merely chance, so I just keep hitting the play button until I get a pass that will play. It'll happen, but it might take a few (or five) tries.

Maybe my issue is different from yours, since I always had it, QT or Softsynth. Another annoyance I've had since HP is that once it starts playing, at a random moment all instruments get "stuck," as if they had sustain pedals depressed. Instant organ!

Rich