--- Dan Carno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 07:49 PM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
> >Sibelius' Dynamic Parts does not cover this. You
> will
> >either need to extract the part the old-fashioned
> way
> >and split it, or create both flute staves on the
> >score. They also don't have the option of a TGTools
> >plug-in for helping with this.
>
> Hi Tyler,
>
> Not sure what you mean by your last sentence.  If
> you are talking about
> splitting an a2 extracted part into separate parts,
> Sibelius has pretty
> nifty filtering for this that is nearly foolproof.
>
> Dan Carno

The filters certainly help a lot, but they aren't as
bright as the TGTools plug-in. Dealing with more than
2 parts on a staff takes more effort, since the
"select players for deletion" filters don't work in
those situations, and if you have 2 voices in a single
measure along with instances of single voice chords,
that filter doesn't work. The TGTools option also
understands how to handle specific text, such as solo,
and can automatically remove text that wouldn't
ordinarily be included on the separate parts.

I find that Sibelius also fails to consistently assign
dynamics to the correct parts when different voices
are used in different measures.

Sibelius filters are awesome, and I find them to be
very handy. It's just for this specific purpose
TGTools seems to outperform them.

Tyler