On 27 Jul 2005 at 13:04, dennis c. wrote:

> Like many of you, I've been fooling around with the Sibelius 4 demo.
> Among other things, I tried opening a few fairly simple Finale 2004
> files (saved as ETF, as requested by Sibelius), and they are such a
> mess that they are just about useless. Has anyone actually managed to
> get decent results? Are there any tricks, such as copying the whole
> thing into some kind of template (as I'd do in Finale)?

I believe that MusicXML is recommended over ETF import, but I found
that I wanted the performance information to import, and only ETF
could do that.

In my tests, it wasn't all that bad, but I've got an old version of
the Dolet plugin (the version that shipped with Finale 2003), so the
comparison is not really fair. On the other hand, my complete
inability to figure out how to change the playback instrument of a
staff in Sibelius made me prefer the ETF import, which got that right
without needing to ask.