David W. Fenton wrote:

The only OS I've ever used that never crashed (in 2 1/2 years without
a reboot) was OS/2.

I have left various NT-based versions of Windows running for months on end with no reboots except those required for updates to software or system settings.

If WinXP crashes, you've probably got bad hardware or a badly hosed system.

Well, XP is NT based, with some alterations, but even out of the box I've found that if left running for more than a few days it will slow to a crawl and eventually stop. It's not the hardware, it's the OS.

cd