Christopher Smith wrote:

I think the best way is to copy the old score into a newly-created GPO-friendly template. Obviously, there would be WAY too many tweaks to make it look good, too, so it would just be for playback. For the expressions to playback, you would have to delete all the expressions that were imported into the template one by one, subsituting the ones that DO playback that are native to the template, which is what would take the time.

I'm really trying to maintain a positive attitude here. It seems to me that about 40% of the posts on this forum recently have been about this amazing new GPO thing, and a big percentage of the Finale announcement was about this giant step forward in human playback. I try to keep my expectations under control, but with all that hype, I sort of expected that it might actually be useful.

When the sounds work, they are nice, but one can achieve nearly the same results with a decent set of sound fonts in a Soundblaster Live card.

I haven't spent enough time with this new release to see if the smartshapes finally work (splitting slurs across systems, eg), if the repeat ends can be created without an extra 3 minutes of fiddling with each one, and if the "automatic" expression placement is even halfway automatic. If they didn't fix those rudimentary problems with this release, I am going to be very unhappy.

Being in the car business for my day job, I frequently marvel at how it is possible for companies to produce cars that have big, obvious design flaws that would have been perfectly obvious to anybody test-driving the vehicle. Doesn't anybody test-drive this software? How could anybody have signed off on that GPO integration hack-job?