On Jul 29, 2005, at 10:34 AM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:

When the sounds work, they are nice, but one can achieve nearly the same results with a decent set of sound fonts in a Soundblaster Live card.

I couldn't address that, as I am on a Mac.

I haven't spent enough time with this new release to see if the smartshapes finally work (splitting slurs across systems, eg),

Do you mean collisions with the last note of the line when it has ledger lines (or first note of the new system)? Other than that, the smart shapes ARE pretty smart, as far as I use them.

if the repeat ends can be created without an extra 3 minutes of fiddling with each one,

Yeah, I dunno. I haven't got my copy yet. But it's ten or fifteen seconds in my case in 2005, not 3 minutes. You have to select ALL the boxes at once before dragging, otherwise you are going to go nuts trying to match line heights, even at 400% resolution.

and if the "automatic" expression placement is even halfway automatic.

Hm? What isn't automatic about the expression placement even now (in 2005)? That's one of the things I think they got really RIGHT first shot.

If they didn't fix those rudimentary problems with this release, I am going to be very unhappy.

Well, I hope you are happy!

Christopher