On 29 Jul 2005, at 1:58 PM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:

Well, even a half hour to convert over a score doesn't make sense to me. This seems like the sort of thing that ought to be one button click.

I agree, but that's a tough nut to crack. We're talking about seamlessly integrating products from four different manufacturers here (Coda, Garritan, Native Instruments, and Apple [or Microsoft]). I suggested at least being able to import your GPO Studio setups into Finale AU, but even that was too tricky to implement for the initial release of 2k6. If having Finale auto-configure your GPO AU/VST setup for existing documents is an important feature to you, then you need to let Coda know.

However, if you set up a new score with the 2k6 Setup Wizard, everything is set correctly for GPO instruments from the get-go, which is a huge improvement over Fin2k5.

Nonetheless, if I can't the metronome track on GPO, then what is the point? Surely nobody is going to spend a half hour switching a document over to GPO, then revert back to non-GPO in order to make revisions.

It only takes half an hour (at most) to convert a full orchestral score the very first time you set it up -- after that, switching is instantaneous (once GPO instruments have been loaded into memory). It *is* a one-button click (or, rather, one-menu-item selection).

If you start from scratch with the 2k6 setup wizard, then the one-menu-item switch between soundfont and GPO should work right away.

What am I missing?  Doesn't GPO have percussion sounds?

Yes, lots of them.

Shouldn't it be able to play the metronome track?

Yes, but I don't know how that would work, because I don't use click tracks. Why don't you email Coda and ask them?

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY