Or if you are planning on sharing your file with someone whose computer
resources are small enough that he/she is only using soundfont playback
(yes I know that's midi output, but not to some uninitiated Finale users
-- to them it's just another means of sound production).

Thus the need for two different scores at least.  Until or unless you
know that the only people who will be hearing your Finale files will be
using GPO playback only.

--
David H. Bailey

You're exactly right. Scores are for printing; MP3's and Waves for
listening. I do post some Finale files, but those are small and it's no
problem to assign channels to them. But for a large serious work, I am not
going to be posting the Finale file.

My reason for the comment was to let people know they do not have to mess
with Channel 10 for percussion if it doesn't suit them. Maybe they already
know that--but I didn't for a long time and kept shooting myself in the
foot.

Cheers,

Ron

Ronald J Brown