At 09:43 AM 08/01/2005, A-NO-NE Music wrote:
>Aaron Sherber / 2005/08/01 / 09:15 AM wrote:
>
>>percussion, which require MIDI 10.
>
>This is the one got me messed up yesterday.  Would you elaborate why
>percussion needs to be ch10?  Un-pitched instrument reserved for ch10 is
>only for GM protocol,

Yes, that's what I meant. For those of us using primarily the Finale Softsynth, unpitched percussion has to be on MIDI channel 10. But Finale GPO only has slots 1-8 and then 17-24, so MIDI channel 10 has to be mapped to some other GPO slot *if* you want a score that can playback either with Softsynth or FinGPO.

>In another word, why ch10 has to be controlled only by velocity but
>disables CC in Finale?  This just doesn't make sense to me, and it did
>bit me heard since I didn't expect CC7 was set to 105 by HP.

Sorry, Hiro -- I know just enough about MIDI to do the things I need to do, so I don't understand a single part of this question. <g>

Aaron.