OK, this is one that has bugged me no end for 10 years. But tonight it seems to be driving me crazy more than usual.

In scroll view, Finale displays the staff names to the left of the staff. But the spacing is such that most of the staff name disappears off the left of the screen. It makes no sense. Why display the name and then chop it off?

With the staff tool, you can drag the staff to the right, allowing the staff name to show. But here is the really annoying part: whenever you do just about anything, Finale resets the margin to its prior, useless setting. The only way you can use this is to memorize the order of your staves. That is not much fun when dealing with 20 or more staves. Tonight I am trying to copy between two scores and it is taking forever.

What in (%&^&$ were they thinking? It is as if somebody progeammed this intentionally as a means of torture.

If there is an option that controls this, I sure haven't found it.

I hope somebody can set me straight on this.
Thanks in advance.