At 10:35 PM 08/24/2005, Christopher Smith wrote:
>I can't believe I am doing this for the first time, but I want measure
>numbers to appear over the staff at the beginning of each system (no
>problem so far) AND where I specify, usually at double bars (this is
>the problem.)

For the measure numbers at double bars, it may better to do them as measure-attached expressions, for the reasons you mention. These are much easier to place where you want them and to assign to a staff list for correct score/parts display.

If you would rather do them as measure numbers, you can do this very quickly with Robert Patterson's measure number plugin. (You can also use the built-in Finale Easy Measure Numbers plugin, but it doesn't give you nearly as much control.)

Aaron.