I second what Bob is saying. I have an e-mail filter that is sending all the auto respond messages to their own folder until the lister comes back and sets things right. Not a big deal IMHO....and certainly a small inconvenience compared to the benefits I have enjoyed due to the wonderful community of people we have on this list and all the new friends I have made because of this list.

Frankly, I have subscribed to lists where the moderators are way far the other direction...everything gets policed and they are always stepping in. That can be a real drag....

Gratefully yours,

Karen

The most aggravating part of unwelcome list msgs (autoreplies, spam, etc.) is all the complaint threads that follow. If everyone would bite his/her tongue when such nusiance msgs come thru we'd all be happier.