Christopher Smith wrote:

In the Staff Menu, check Show Staff Style Names. No problems keeping track now.

I also reduced the intensity of the colour of staff styles, so that I could see though them more easily.

Christopher

I like to have the colours set to very light blue, for this reason - which makes the names unreadable. And here's a typical jungle I encounter, in this case with a dark colour used to make the names visible:

http://www.owainsutton.co.uk/images/staffstyles.jpg

David W. Fenton wrote:

> I wish the style name were larger, because right now with my reduced
> visual acuity (a temporary situation -- perhaps you've noticed my
> inaccurate typing lately), I can't read it at all.
>
> I also see that multiple styles are displayed by multiplying the
> number of blue bars.
>
> OK, this UI is just fine, after all. I wonder why displaying the
> names is not turned on by default? How could it be an inconvenience?

Nope, I don't accept the UI is fine. The names should appear on the staff style no matter what part of the page (in page view) is being shown. At the moment, I have various names all over the place.

Darcy James Argue wrote:

> 3) Because even with the names off, it's easy to find the name of a
> staff style bar -- just right-click the bar.

Really? If I right-click on the style bar itself, I get only the name of that style. If I right-click on the bar, I get the list of styles, but no indication of which ones are applied.