Anyone remember Newport font which contained all the useful
articulations such as fall?  This is one of the reasons I can't open
many of my big band charts anymore :-(

I have to sight-read jazz chart a few times a week, and I have so many
pet peeves.  Jazz font is certainly not easier than Maestro under the
dark stage light.  It might give organic feel, but in the end, my eyes
get tired for reason I don't know.  I found Maestro doesn't have this effect.

Not directly Finale related, that I hate the triangle for Major since I
often confused with the circle.  I much prefer Maj and dim spelled out.
But most of all, I hate Finale default's 'min' for minor chord.

There is one singer whose husband (who is not a musician but can create
Finale file!) does her chart that I have to play every week, and I get
so frustrated trying to identify Maj or min in the dark.  For my own
chart, I use Courier 14 '-' for minor chord, and I believe this is the
best for sight-reading.

I have told Coda long time ago that the default chord symbols of 'min'
costs me, but I guess they don't agree with me.  Now it is even worse
since they started to use ยบ for dim.  I realized this has not been
brought up on this list, too.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>