On Oct 24, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

There will always be a problem placing non-centred articulations like a fall or scoop, because the horizontal positioning works from your click point. If you are a millimetre too far left, then the articulation will be, too. The bend places correctly every time because it has the box checked "Centre over note", which cannot be checked for the scoops and falls.

So, does this mean that it is impossible (impractical) to set the handles of such articulations to be centered over the note head, and the articulation offset for correct placement? Is there a problem I don't understand which would prevent that solution?

The bend is a reasonable match I think, though it still looks a bit "crafted" for Maestro.

My sentiments too. It's just the variation in line thickness that makes it look as if it doesn't match Maestro. I don't mind the softened line ends. They relate nicely to Bill's chord slashes and rhythmic notation.

The other two are ridiculously bold for the delicate head and stem of the Maestro notes, but you could always reduce the point size of those articulations to make them less bold, and at the same time smaller (so you might have to choose a different character to make it look the same length.)

You've suggested this to me earlier, and I fooled around with it a little but didn't get close enough to be any more satisfied. Have you done this with any success?

But to match Maestro perfectly, this will take some of Bill's magic...

Exactly. Please tell Bill what you'd like. He seems to be in the mood to tackle this, and my impression is that once he gets into that mode of operation, it's not that much harder to supply a variety of useful shapes.

I always appreciate your suggestions.

Chuck

Christopher

Chuck Israels