On Oct 24, 2005, at 12:53 PM, Don Hart wrote:

Hi Chuck and Christopher,

Unless I misunderstand, you can choose "center over note" and fix automatic
positioning left or right of the note by adjusting the values in the "handle
positioning" dialog box, which is accessed through the "handle positioning"
button in the Articulation Designer dialog.

I don't have any scoops in the file I'm in right now so I just gave a single
tremelo slash the approximate positioning of a scoop with the following
(evpu) settings:

1) Center horizontally should be checked
2) Default vertical position = -22
Handle positioning
3) Main symbol - H: -58
4) Main symbol - V: -12
5) Flipped symbol - H: -58
6) Flipped symbol - V: -12

Start there with your scoop and it should get you in the ball park.  You can
tweak it from there.  Just use positive "H" numbers for your fall.

Don Hart

Thanks Don,

I used your numbers as a starting point and came up with pretty good default positioning for the Jazz Font scoop and fall that I am using.  The handle positioning  numbers were different, but starting with yours gave me a good understanding of what to enter to get the placement that I like.

For the scoop, I have  H: - 40, V: - 28, and for the fall-off H: 52, and V: - 16

If others are using these symbols, this provides a default positioning that will require little tweaking in most cases.

Thanks again, Don.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace