Simon Troup wrote:

I've used Virtual PC with Win 98
SE, Win XP and Win 2000 - it's buggy and has a tremendous performance
hit, things don't work at anything like native windows speed.

Of course that's true now, but it need not be true on MacIntel.

Where does this idea comes from that VPC functions only as a window
server? (and I use the term in a unix sense) - it doesn't, and it
doesn't make an argument to pretend that one day it might, as I doubt it
ever will.

That's exactly where I think it could go. I know it doesn't now. But when it can run with no perf. hit, then I think that's exactly where it may head. If I used it regularly, that's where I would want it to go.

I should add that, if I were betting, I'd put my money on MM coming out with a native MacIntel version. I possess no insider knowledge, but I can't see them abandoning OSX now after all the effort they've invested in it. Whether the MacIntel-native version is 2007 is another question entirely.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com