Johannes Gebauer wrote:

I often have instrument lines like "Basso continuo" or the like, and

with the Smart Music Soft Synth thing I have set up my instruments.txt

file to provide those I commonly use. It would have been very easy to

link GPO sounds to instruments.txt. All it required was a text file with

the linking, which could then be easily edited, just like

instruments.txt. The way GPO works in the wizard is different. The staff

names are actually taken from the GPO sounds, so I now have English

instrument names, requiring me to change every single staff name

manually afterwards.

Johannes

You can edit the gpofullinstrument.txt file (in the FinaleAU folder) in a similar manner to to the way you have edited the instruments.txt file. You can specify DisplayName and InstType here, also SampleFile (starting 9. Notation/). At the bottom the instruments are listed in groups -- you need to edit this list for the names to show up in the Wizard. You should then not need to edit staff names manually.

John