BTW, I've looked all over in my Mac2k6, and have not been able to find Smart Explosion, of which you speak. What is it, and where is it?

Dean

On Dec 21, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Lee Actor wrote:

In addition to Brad's and Robert's examples, I'll add the following items which are much easier to deal with in an intermediate "parts" score:
1) font and position of measure numbers
2) position and format of page numbers
3) music spacing

For me these are all different in the parts than they are in the score, and it's a lot less work to do these once in the "extraction" score than for each individual part. But by far the biggest factors for me in favor of an intermediate score are the TGTools Smart Explosion, and adding cues (I work mostly with large orchestral scores).

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of Robert Patterson

In my earlier reply I neglected to mention this, which is a big issue
for me as well.

The examples Brad and I have given for using an intermediate (and
temporary) copy of the score for part extraction seem to call
into question the value of linked scores and parts. In theory I
think linked scores and parts is a great idea. In practice I
worry that no implementation (esp. within a single annual cycle)
will be complete or flexible enough to be useful, other than as a
hack. If that is the case, I hate to see MM neglect other kinds
of enhancements that might be more immediately usable for a
linked parts feature of dubious usefulness.