Johannes Gebauer
> (About JW Space Systems)
> The
> only difference is the extra options for extra page margins, which can
> avoid rounding errors which still happen occasionally (with both JW and
> the built int tool).

But that is precisely its power. The ability to provide extra margins combined
with the "take existing gaps into account" option saves eons of time over what
I've tried with the built in tool.

Suppose a particular page has a couple of systems that need extra vertical
space. You evenly space the systems, leaving a gap at the bottom. Then you add
the extra space for the couple of systems. Then you respace them with the "Take
existing gaps into account" option checked, leaving a minimal margin. For
laying out single-staff parts, it is simply fantastic.

I agree, for scores and multi-staff parts, that some way to automatically
spread out staves within a system would be useful. That is not JW Space
Systems, however. There are some tools (Finale's Respace Staves and TGTools has
something as well), but nothing that is nearly as automatic as one might wish.