Randolph Peters wrote:

I finally got a reply from MakeMusic tech support, and the case is that the original 2006b updater contained an incorrect file, so there was a NEW 2006b updater posted, and that is why my computer didn't think that even though I have 2006b it isn't the most recent 2006b.

If that isn't total confusion, then I don't know what is! Shouldn't the "new" 2006b have been posted as 2006c so that everybody could be sure they have the most recent?

I dunno . . .

David H. Bailey

Yeah, I just found that out, and after installing it, ran the "check for updates" thing, and it actually told me that I had the most recent version.

The list of what they claimed to have fixed in 2006c looks suspiciously like the list for 2006b, so I think they may have simply decided to go with 2006c rather than 2006b2 (maybe they didn't leave enough spaces in their code to be able to handle a version with that extra subversion indicator.)

Anyway, as you say, it's all moot now.

--
David H. Bailey