On Jan 4, 2006, at 10:04 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

Now I am confused as to what the original question/problem was. Using transpose to transpose a line and keep the original notes? If you look in the Index, under COPY, and read it, it doesn't do that. It moves stuff from one place to another. However, if you looked under OCTAVES, it says right there "Octaves see Transposition dialog box 27-46"

The Transpose box is pretty straight forward as well. I really don't see how this constitutes a "cascade of failures" in the program. Of course, I suppose reading the manual about what the little "preserve original notes" does is too much to ask..........

Seriously, if you are going to use a program, you need to read the manual to fully use it. I thought I knew a lot about Finale, but after READING Bill Duncan's Finale stuff I learned a few new things.

Me too - quite a few, but I read it because it's printed and bound in a form that's comfortable for me to use.

Nevertheless, I agree that it is hard to think of a better way to describe the particular mechanism under discussion, and I think the MM folks have done pretty well. I also think that it's not an easily described thing, and not something I'd expect to find just by using the software.

My experience with the online manual is that it is pretty good, and quite complete, but I don't always find what I'm looking for without looking under a few headings. And yes, I miss the books.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836