Michael,

no problems with PDFs here (WinFin2006c). Do you mean when you display a whole page? This will depend on your screen resolution (1600x1200 here). My PDFs or ok to look, if I enlarge them the staff lines are fine, and printing them is no problem and looking fine.

I guess if you have a smaller display resolution the lines might be uglier, but this is a mathematical problem - the lower the resolution the uglier the lines, I think. I don't see how Adobe could get that better, I should think it either gets a 0 or an 1 when interpreting the image information, and even if PDFs got some special screen preview as EPS, there is no garantee to get them right on the screen.

Kurt