On 1/29/06, Cecil Rigby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> just wondering---
> Why is it that when I view at 75% the rulers have inches that are correct,
> but at 100% view inches are one and five-eighths long? It's obvious the
> length is relative to view, but one would expect an inch to be the right
> length at 100% view, no?

It's all a function of your monitor size and screen resolution. The
rulers you see in Finale are actually a certain number of *pixels*
wide. If you've got a 19" monitor at 1280x960 resolution, a "ruler
inch" at 100% is smaller than an actual inch.

Programmers don't write code that automatically measures your screen
and resolution to give you perfect inches (these factors are wildly
variable, so writing such code is likely a waste of programming
resources). That's the reason for allowing custom zoom percentages.

Disclaimer: I am not a programmer, but this is how I understand the
situation... real programmers, feel free to correct me.

--
Brad Beyenhof
Real-time Finale discussion: http://www.finaleirc.com