On 17.02.2006 Chuck Israels wrote:
I once attended a party of musicians in NY where the music was provided by a cellist and
accordionist playing mostly Baroque music.  It changed my perception of the accordion.
the players were superb, and the "breathing" of the accordion gave the continuo
parts a kind of life that was different from the usual harpsichord sound, but certainly
no less beautiful.  Always ready for good surprises.

I once heard a Belgian Saxophone ensemble play the Badinerie from Bach's B minor Suite. They swinged it, and I must admit it was one of the most beautiful moments I ever experienced in a peformance.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de