Can't help you with the portuguese question, Eric, but the Castellano, I can help with having studied Spanish in high school.

Never separate two adjacent L's. The double L in spanish is not like an Italian double L in that it represents only a double consonant. The LL digraph in Spanish is a palatal consonant on its own. It sounds like the "lli" in the word "million". Often, it's pronounced like the Y in "yes". So, 'senzillo' would be pronounced "Sehn-see-yoh" or, in Castellano "sen-thee-yoh" because the castillian dialect differentiates between the spelling "s" and "Z" (in Central and South America, they are pronounced the same) and the "Z" phoneme is pronounced as a TH in "with".

Yours,
Adam