Well, bless me if Apple didn't fix my problem that quick. While I was trying out the remote control, dang if Software Update didn't update the software for it, and now it works like the iPod. When the video is paused you can hold down the << and >> keys to bounce around a few seconds at a time. Very cool.

Robert Patterson wrote:

I just tried the remote. I have to say, the remote is an amazing example of parsimonious design. Apple is doing for the remote control what they did for the music player.

That said, I can't get it to do one thing that I would like. With the iPod, one tap of the center button changes the wheel from a volume control to a slider control. I was hoping for the same thing here, but unfortunately, although it displays a slider control, I can't tell how to manipulate it if it is possible.

Dang. It makes a helluva a DVD player/Media center. I'm pretty sure I know where it will end up.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com