Just as another alternative, you could put parts 1 and 2 in the first violin part and parts 2 and 3 in the second part. This would be visually easier to read, make the parts shorter, and still allow the conductor to decide on exactly who should play what.
Erica Buxbaum
Encinitas, California
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Michael Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would probably do as you suggest. If you have no specific information
as to how the composer wanted this divisi to be distributed it's best
to have all three parts in every violin part and let the conductor
decide who plays what.

Michael