I know someone who uses Sibelius and they sent me a PDF of a file. Instantly the minute the PDF opened on my screen, the quality was noticeably better than any PDF I have created with Finale.

Are there some settings that I don't know about to make the absolutely sharpest, clearest PDF possible. Or is something that Finale doesn't handle well?  For example online there is this:
http://www.utorpheus.com/misc/pagine_musica/tib011.pdf and I've posted a screenshot of my friend's Sibelius PDF at http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/sample-sib.bmp

Here's a sample of my PDF @ http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/sample.pdf I used the highest setting possible (Printer's quality) and I upped the DPI to 2400. Still not as good as this Molter sample, or the Sibelius. My beams seem very ragged, no matter how much you zoom in. And I noticed that Finale's staff lines seem too thick. And some of the articulations and words have a splotchy look.

This is very frustrating for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kim Patrick Clow