Well, I'm glad, (sort of..), to hear that you don't know of an easy way
either. It confirms to me that this is a pain. What I do is I have made a
text expression that is a bracket and sits to the right of the note in
roughly the correct position. (I always have to fudge it some). Then I use
special tools and move the accidental away from the note to clear the
brackets I added and then adjust spacing to provide extra space for the
accidental. That, my friends, is a pain.

The reason I don't just use parens, ficta, and the like, is that our
editorial style is such that we use brackets..so we use them. Not much I can
do to control that.

-Scot

On 5/10/06 10:15 AM, "dc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Scot Hanna-Weir écrit:
>> I'm sure that there's a really easy, built-in way to do this. But for those
>> who have experience with this, what method do you use to put editorial
>> brackets around your accidentals?
>
> I've never found an easy way, but I'd be happy to hear about one.
>
> Dennis

Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Engraver
A-R Editions, Inc.