I think you have to retain the parenthetical characters in the font, but
there are several blank spaces in any standard finale font, so you could put
the bracketed characters into those and then, add them as expressions I
suppose? ...okay, yeah, not sure what the best option there is. Do you use
both in a single score Johannes?

-Scot

On 5/10/06 10:58 AM, "dc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Johannes Gebauer écrit:
>> Perhaps I am now understanding correctly, you mean you want square
>> brackets? The easiest way to do this is to use a font editor and either
>> change the parenthesized ones into square-bracketed ones, or create extra
>> symbols. That's what I did in my own music font (not available). Then just
>> change the font mapping for the accidentals.
>
> The question is how do you get both in the same score, round brackets for
> cautionary accidentals, and square brackets for editorial accidentals.
>
> Dennis

Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Engraver
A-R Editions, Inc.