On 23.05.2006 Lawrence David Eden wrote:
Does Finale run on the new Intel based G5?

What is an Intel based G5? There is no such thing, it is either Intel or G5. Do not buy a G5 at this stage. It is obsolete hardware. If I were you I would get either a Mac Mini Core Duo or a MacBook. If you depend on PCI cards, I would try to hire a computer for the next few weeks until Apple brings out a new Desktop line. Buying anything from Apple that doesn't have an Intel processor now is a waste of money.

Does Finale run on it? Apparently so, though Midi seems to depend on drivers, and I am not sure whether the MusicXML plugin will run.

Can I use my old Apple LaserSelect 360 with a new G5?

(or Intel Mac): If it is Ethernet, yes. If not, it's probably not a good idea to invest into the adapters needed. Just get a cheap HP laser or similar.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de