I'd probably still use it on a piece of hardware that it runs it. So, if Finale 2008 is the last version, and it runs on Intel Macs, but didn't run on the Quad Core Intel Macs in 2014, I don't think I'd be fussing. I'm sure whatever succeeds Finale (assuming it ever dies) would have some sort of migration path for people coming from Finale.

Look at Finale and importing Encore files. Even though Encore is sort of back now, Finale provided a way for me to import the Encore files I had. And I had a number of them.

dhbailey wrote:
Aaah, but will you want to run Finale2008 when it's the last one ever released before the company went belly up and it does all the engraving you'll ever want or need and all your files are in Finale format, and the year is 2019 and the latest WinOsXManxScenicView (it is coming, someday) won't run it? Won't backwards compatibility be something to be desired in that event?