On Jun 22, 2006, at 12:47 PM, dhbailey wrote:

Sign me "A 2006 early adopter who still doesn't find GPO any more helpful (especially the saxophones) than the soundfont playback we've had for years."

Even Garritan JABB (of which I am a fan and supporter) doesn't do particularly well with saxophones. They have worked long and hard to get good samples, but I think we are used to hearing saxophones played with a higher level of personal nuance and expression on each note - dynamics, articulations, pitch bends, timbre changes, etc. (often to wonderful and sometimes to excruciating effect) than any other instrument, so that when we hear even pretty decent samples played back without more midi massaging than is remotely practical, we are disappointed. I don't see how this is likely to improve.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836