Christopher Smith wrote:

On Jun 24, 2006, at 11:24 PM, John Howell wrote:

    More Modern (no problem)
    Raucous Burlesque (written so we seem to be getting it)
    New Orleans-Slow & Bluesy (no problem)
    Boogie Woogie (no problem)
    The Slither (??????)

That's a square dance move. Some of these markings might be more for the choreographer than for the musicians. I've seen a lot of cues in scores that are designed to help the musical director communicate with the dancers - this might be one of them.

I've nevr played "Kate", but it sounds to me as though you've hit the nail on the head with this one. A lot of the shows I've done have had cues for the choreographers and directors buried in the music.

cd
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#