On Jul 4, 2006, at 4:19 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I double checked my file and it does have a pdf extension - which I would have expected since it was created using Adobe Acrobat. The version of Acrobat they were using was Acrobat 7 and I thought that may have something to do with it (since I am using v 4), however, older files (such as v 4) should be accessible by newer versions (just like Finale).

I haven't tried saving the files, created in other programs, as EPS or postscript and then converting to pdf. I'll have to give that a try. It just seems odd to me. Once you have a file created in a particular format, as in pdf, it should behave as expected. But maybe I shouldn't be so picky! Thanks. I will try converting the ancillary files to postscript and converting them to pdf before adding them to the book. I wonder if I will have to do the same with the Finale files? I will let you know how I make out.

This method makes no sense to me either, but it worked in my case. Good luck.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836