On 25.07.2006 Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
I have no qualms about doing that either. I am going to print out a total of 25
cantatas out of this set of 800.
Saur Verlag isn't losing any money from me as a potential client, because I
could never afford $3,200.00 price tag for this microfiche collection.  I'm
told that since I'm only printing out a portion of  this under a fair use
provision for research, I'm in the clear.
If I wanted the entire set of microfiches copied, that would be another story.

Actually, I really think it makes a big difference depending on what you are going to do with the print outs. If you are writing a thesis on the cantatas you should be well clear. But if you are going to publish, perform, record any of this, you may very well end up in big trouble. Big, big trouble. Especially if you are working on previously unpublished works or variants.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de