On Sep 8, 2006, at 3:16 AM, dhbailey wrote:

Don't delete the second title block in the score -- Uncheck the SHOW attribute in the right-click menu for that block in the score. It'll become lighter to indicate it's there but won't show/ print.

Oh! Thank you. I didn't notice that trigger. Now I think it couldn't be more obvious and I feel pretty foolish. That makes everything work as I need it.

Thanks,

Chuck

So the two title blocks -- one on p.1 in the score and the one on p. 3 of the score/p.1 of the parts -- will both remain in both parts and score. But with the attribute set not to show, the block won't print for that score or part where you set that attribute, and that attribute will unlock that text block from the score or parts. But you can't delete it -- this is one area where Finale definitely needs improvement. It should be possible to enter a text block in either score or a single part or only certain parts and not have to monkey around like this with all text blocks being present in all score/parts and needing to jump through hoops to get it to print or not as desired.

--
David H. Bailey

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace