Hi Dennis,

I have done what you do successfully with earlier upgrades. I don't know what gave me the notion that it might cause trouble to do things that way in the last couple of transitions. Perhaps Hiro and I are overly cautious and are doing unnecessary work.

Anyone else weighing in on this?

I tried to import my stem settings form 2006 into 2007 by taking a staff from a 2006 template that has the correct settings (and maintains them when that template is opened in 2007), and copying everything in that staff into a new staff in my 2007 default file, but the coping process did not retain the stem settings. I'm trying to figure out a workaround for this problem so that I can get the settings I like (stems at the cross point of an x note head), into a new 2007 template, so far, without success.

Chuck