On 4 Oct 2006 at 12:19, Chuck Israels wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2006, at 11:44 AM, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> > And entry by computer keyboard still takes other passes for entering
> > articulations and expressions, so it's not like there's much of a
> > difference there.
>
> If, like me, you are still in the habit of using Speedy Entry.

Well, I'm still on FinWin2K3, so I don't think I have the New
Improved Simple Entry available to me.

> The MM guys I see every year at the Jazz Educator's Convention use
> Simple entry with a MIDI Keyboard, and that allows articulations and
> dynamics to be entered on the same pass with the same tool.  They
> claim something like 40% increase in entry speed, and I have no
> reason to doubt them, but something in me resists re-learning my
> entry methods.  Anyone else out there migrated from Speedy to Simple
> since this change?  Have you found the changed method worth the
> trouble of learning it?

I don't want to use the mouse when using the keyboard. Note entry is
blazingly quick with a MIDI keyboard in Speedy. Even if I did it in
the new Simple, I still wouldn't put in the articulations/expressions
in the same pass, because that would require breaking the rhythm of
entering the notes/rhythms (even if there are mouseless keyboard
shortcuts mapped for articulations/expressions, which I strongly
doubt).