From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of John T Sylvanis
Sent: Wed 04-Oct-06 21:58
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Wandering augmentation dots?

Silly question:

Do Sibelius and Finale have a sequencer and a sampler?

Thanks, John.

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:55:50 -0400 "Williams, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> List members...
> I seem to recall an earlier discussion of "wandering" augmentation
> dots--dots become separated from the notes they're supposed to
> augment. I got bitten by that a few times on a recent project.
>
> Are there reproducible steps leading to this bug? If so I'd like to
> know them so I can catch them at the point of their creation, rather
> than having to sort through 100+ pages looking at every dotted note
> and using the dot mover.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Also--I am trying to remove the attachments from my posts, but I am
> told that it is not possible.  I'm still trying to work on it..
>
> Jim W.

No, Finale is not a sequencer, nor is Sibelius...
Finale has a built-in softsynth and comes with SOME sampled sounds from the
Garritan Personal Orchestra sound library. Finale can be used in conjunction
with any VST instrument manufactured by Native Instruments (NI).

Hope this helps. If you want more info, contact me off-list.
Jim