This is the biggest problem Finale has had for years. Upgrading files is WAY
back on their priority list. I have been battling this problem since 2.0.
The issues you bring up are big but over the years it has been much worse. I
have told every client I work with that if you are planning on upgrading
your files, make sure you allot enough time and money for re-proofing and
editing of these files. It is not as easy as just opening up the file and
hitting print and save.

Steve